KFUPM SPE Student Chapter
The SPE Student Chapter in King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Dhahran,
Saudi Arabia, was founded in June 1996. The chapter consists of more than 300 members, mostly students
but also young professionals, professionals, and professors.
The chapter aims to give university students and its members an enhanced understanding of the oil and gas
industry by exposing them to new technology and developments in the field of petroleum industry. We achieve this
by conducting seminars by industry professionals, arranging trips to field locations and facilitating students’
participation in industry conferences.
A second aim of the SPE – KFUPM Student Chapter is to inculcate in students team-work skills, communication skills
and a spirit of volunteerism to prepare the students for their future as industry professionals.
The main mission of the chapter is to expose students to the SPE, promote members’ creativity, emphasize the role
of petroleum engineering in society, support the local SPE section and local companies, and cultivate technical and personal
skills development among members.
The chapter's vision is to exceed expectations in serving out student community, society and become an outstanding student
chapter and stay as one.
KFUPM SPE Student Chapter has proved to be an integral part of this huge world that tries to figure out solutions for harms
face our universe and E&P industry.
KFUPM SPE Student Chapter as an establishment adheres to the following values:
KFUPM SPE Student Chapter Values:
- Excellence: We look for the best in everything we do; striving to cope with continuous excellence.
- Fairness and Integrity: We adhere to the highest ethical standards and give full credit to any individual
or firm helping us in our attempts toward success.
- Openness: We encourage honest and candid communication at all levels.
- Diversity: Our acceptance to our differences in background, experience, perspective and skills makes us
collectively stronger and more valuable.
- Professionalism: We make a continuing effort to instill a respect for professionalism in our up-coming
young professionals so that they will obtain an early understanding of a quality that takes years to develop.
- Teamwork: We work together and we support each other. This is the internal engine that drives us to greatness.
- Mentorship: As a chapter, we try to function as a role model encouraging other chapters to work harder and to produce better.
- Volunteerism: We develop pride and unity in the profession among members; promoting the development of leaders.
- Life-long learning: We promote learning as lifelong activity and strive to develop our members to their highest potential.
- Innovation: We encourage and endorse innovative ideas and new ways of doing things that are responsive to changing attitudes and
needs in the community.
- Citizenship: Our loyalty to and love for our beloved country and its leadership is unlimited.
KFUPM SPE Student Chapter 2006/2007 Board Directors
Chapter Advisor: Dr. Gharib M. Hamada
President: Mr. Abbas Al-Dubais
V. President: Mr. Ali Al-Saihati
Secretary: Mr. Ahmed Al-Mugdad
Treasurer: Mr. Hesham Al-Sheri
Sincere appreciation goes to those who served as chapter presidents, those who lead and left a legacy behind:
Mr. Mazen Barnawi, Mr. Tala Taisan, Mr. Ali Yami, Mr. Karam Yateem and Mr. Hussein Ramis.